If you are looking for some outdoor goods, then Bass Pro will naturally be a store that springs to mind. But can you visit with your dog? Will they allow you in or will you be turned away? Well, here is what you are going to need to know.
So, are dogs allowed in Bass Pro? Dogs are allowed in the majority of Bass Pro Shops, and they are known for being a particularly dog-friendly company. That being said, there are stores in locations that prohibit dogs in retailers by state law and there are guidelines that owners must follow to be admitted and to be allowed to remain.
For the most part, you should be more than okay to take your dog.
And that’s the case for dogs of all sizes, and all breeds too!
In fact, in the majority of cases, it can be a good idea to take them.
This policy is a natural fit for a company that sells fishing, hunting, boating, and outdoor sporting goods.
Besides, you may even be looking for an item that involves your dog or for an activity you want to include them in.
And furthermore, most of the people who work at Bass Pro are really into their dogs.
It’s a common overlap. The outdoors and dogs.
It also comes as no surprise to hear that this company has even been known to host dog day family events that actively encourage customers to bring their dogs along with them.
And on such days, free seminars and activities for pets and owners, sales on pet supplies, and giveaways were all part of these promotional days.
So it is clear that this is a company that is welcoming of dogs.
But with all this being said, there are caveats.
There are rules and guidelines to follow to ensure you, the Bass Pro staff, and other customers have a safe and enjoyable shopping experience – at all times.
As we shall now see in the next section below.
Bass Pro Pet Policy Guidelines
Bass Pro has a number of pet policy guidelines that will need to be followed in order to bring and remain in the store with your dogs.
- Dogs visiting Bass Pro Shops need to be up-to-date on all of their required vaccines,
- They should be well mannered, behaved and socialized,
- They should be kept on a leash at all times, and kept close.
Ultimately, if you take your dog into this store, they should be your responsibility the whole time.
Just as the case in any other public setting.
So that means keeping a close eye on their behavior, interactions with other people and dogs, and of course, ensuring they do not go to the toilet.
Along such lines, Bass Pro will retain the right to refuse entry, or ask an owner and their dog to leave, should the dog appear threatening, dangerous or problematic in any way.
But before you even get to the store, it is essential to check your state laws ahead of time.
Find out what the laws are for taking a dog into a retail store.
Now you should be okay.
Most of the laws that prohibit allowing dogs inside are restaurants or establishments that sell or handle food (including grocery stores).
But it’s an important check, especially before you set off.
Besides, it could prevent a wasted trip!
Suggestions When Visiting Bass Pro With Your Dog
You can improve the experience of visiting a Bass Pro store with your dog by following the recommendations set out below:
- Use the Bass Pro Shop store finder, and check the ammenities that they offer ahead of your trip. Contact them and ask about your intentions to bring your dog.
- Visit the larger stores, ones where you will have more space with your dog and where you can keep away from people/other animals should the need arise to.
- Go at less busy times and days of the week, by calling the store you intend to visit and finding out when they are normally quiet.
- Visit with your dog after a walk or activity, where they are likely to be more tired and less energetic,
- Have treats ion hand, should you need to reward your dog for good behaviour,
- Make sure your dog has gone to the toilet, in the hours leading up to your visit to prevent them from going when inside the store. Taking poop bags along with you is a good idea in case you get caught out.
- Ensure you have a comfortable harness/leash on your dog before entering the store, and keep them close at all times.
Visiting a Bass Pro shop with your dog should not be a problem.
Besides, this is what Bass Pro media spokeswoman Katie Mitchell had to say on the matter:
In fact, there are some times of the year when doing so will result in a great day out; with activities, promotions, and other benefits of having your dog with you.
Nevertheless, like any public place, your dog will remain your responsibility.
Respect the needs of others and keep a mindful eye over your dog at all times.
Try to visit on less busy days and times of the week, and do contact a store ahead of time to find out if there is anything you should know before you arrive.
Nothing is worse than a wasted journey, believe me.
I am a practiced pet owner with decades of experience owning a number of different pets. I am also the main writer and chief editor here at Pet Educate; a site I created to share everything I’ve learned about pet ownership over the years and my extensive research along the way.