Are you looking to pick up some office supplies? Then Staples is the place to go. But can your dog come along with you or will you be refused entry? Well, here is what you’ll be pleased to know.
So, are dogs allowed in Staples? Dogs are allowed in most Staple stores. While there is no official company pet policy, they are generally dog-friendly stores where employees tend to be laid-back about letting dogs in. Although, dogs remain the responsibility of the owner and must be well-behaved at all times.
Some stores have even been known to have dog treats on the counter.
Of course, whether or not that is what you can expect depends on the store and their internal management.
For this reason, you may also find that some staple stores do not allow dogs.
So do contact a store ahead of time and ask them first.
That could save a wasted journey, and the potential need to leave your dog in the car (which may or may not be viable, either).
With all this in mind, let us take a look at some suggestions to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit, should you proceed to do so.
Suggestions For Taking Your Dog To A Staples Store
Assuming that you are permitted to take your dog into a Staples, the following tips may be of help!
- Visit out of town or less busy stores, which will hopefully reduce the the number of interactions you have during your visit.
- Avoid the Staple stores next to pet stores, which will likely result in your dog coming into contact with others and may make them animated.
- Visit during quietier times, you can always contact the store to ask them when this is.
- Ensure your dog has been to the toilet prior, to ensure your dog does not make a mess. Have poop bags on hand should you be caught out.
- Keep your dog on a leash and keep a mindful eye, to ensure your dog remains well-behaved at all times.
- Have dog treats ready, to help distract your dog or get their attention should you need to get it.
- Speak gently, walk around the store slowly, to keep your dog calm.
- Keep your visit brief, try to get your supplies promptly, without needing to be in the store too long!
Dogs are generally welcome in Staples.
Not always, but most of the time.
Of course, you should respect the needs of others – including other customers and members of staff.
If you are told or get the feeling your dog will not be welcome, it is best not to enter and go somewhere else.
The only real exception to the rule here is service dogs.
Or dogs highly trained to perform tasks to meet the needs of a disabled individual.
By law, these dogs are allowed anywhere their individual needs to go.
That being said this does not mean you should ever attempt to pass your pet dog off as one.
So do use the Staples store finder, find out where your nearest stores are, and obtain their contact information.
From there, give each store a call and find out what their stance is on allowing dogs, and ask them for any suggestions about your potential visit.
From there you can plan accordingly.
And if you do make your way down to a store only to find other customers or staff members uncomfortable around your dog at any time during your visit, respect their concern.
Either vacate the area or take your dog out.
It’s only fair.
And if you are wondering where else you can take your dog inside, check out the following guides below:
I am a practiced pet owner with decades of experience owning a number of different pets. I am also the main writer and chief editor here at Pet Educate; a site I created to share everything I’ve learned about pet ownership over the years and my extensive research along the way.