Whether your Cavoodle sports a curly, fleece, or straight coat; brushing is essential to keep knots, tangles, and mats at bay.
And working with a proper brush can be a gamechanger. Not just for your Cavoodle but for you, the groomer too.
Besides, you want to make the process comfortable for your dog, and you want to minimize the amount of time brushing, don’t you?
But then arises the question; what brush is best to buy?
What style does the brush need to be for the Cavoodles particular coat, and then what brand is best in this category?
Having researched the market extensively, I would like to share with you the best brushes currently available. These will make the entire grooming process easier.
You can trust in the thousands of satisfied customers, at least:
The Best Brushes For Cavoodles
PetEd Slicker Brush
My recommended and standout pick is my very own PetEd Slicker Brush.
I am self-promoting, I am fully aware.
But here is why I think you need it.
I extensively researched the market, spoke with dozens of suppliers and tested countless brushes to land on this particular one.
I was looking for a brush that could overcome the shortcomings of many others on the market at the time.
Below is me physically brushing my dog, Bailey, with it…
It’s perfect for Cavoodle and/or any other poodle hybrid breed.
It’s designed with their hair and coat in mind.
Not only is brushing a breeze, running through a coat safely without any tugging, but it also collects any loose hair while you go.
You can then easily deposit the collected hair straight into a bin with the click of a button, and a simple swipe.
It’s a great weight, comfortable to hold and durable brursh too.
It’s what I use on my dog Bailey, and it’s I can personally attest to its effectiveness.
- Comfortable and effective grooming - reduces shedding, detangles, removes dirt & debris, keeps coat looking shiny and healthy
- Easy and versatile use – great size, shape and weight.
- Automatic cleaning - Simply retract bristles with the push of a button, then wipe away collected hair
- Smart Efficient Design - Fine, angled bristles, ergonomic comfort grip, and push-button retraction make it easy to keep your dog looking happy & healthy
- Ideal for poodle and hybrid dog coats and doodles; Cockapoos, Cavoodles, Maltipoos, Bernedoodles, Goldendoodles, Shih Poos etc.
PAKEWAY Slicker Grooming Brush
The PAKEWAY Slicker Grooming Brush is another alternative option, according to other customers on Amazon.
This brush is mostly designed for use on cats, though can also be used effectively on the Cavoodle breed.
- HUMANIZED PET BRUSH:The de-shedding brushes have stainless steel needles with a 60-degree bend and some elasticity which will remove up dead hair and knotted hair from your cat and dog's coat easily within minutes!
- EASY TO CLEAN: Each time you use the massage comb to comb your pet, you can easily release the pet hair collected on the Self Cleaning brush with the push of a button.
- PET CARE: The head of the slicker brush uses a soft rubber cap to care for pet skin, Increases pet body blood circulation, The design that prevents static electricity and protects pet hair.
- EXCELLENT MATERIAL: High-quality stainless steel needles, which will not be deformed for a long time, environmentally-friendly handles, and rubber non-slip mats, Ergonomic structure design, combing pet’s hair is more labor-saving.
- AFTER-SALES SERVICE: Quality problems occur within 12-month and new products are exchanged, or 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Coastal Pet Slicker Brush
My final recommendation is the Coastal Pet Slicker Brush.
While it’s large, a little clunky and more expensive, it does work very well and customers are generally satisfied after purchase.
- Self-Cleaning Dog Brush: Remove hair from the retractable wire brush pins with a push of a button
- Dog Brush for Shedding: Stainless steel pins reduce dog shedding to keep your dog and house clean
- Gentle Cleaning: Stainless steel pins ensure that your dog grooming kit doesn't irritate the skin
- Grooming Comb: This brush for short or long hair has a comfort-grip handle for a sure grip
- Coastal Pet Cares: We design and deliver quality products that people trust for the pets they love
What Type Of Brush Is Best For Cavoodles?
There are various different types of brushes available on the market for dogs. This includes Rakes, Bristle Brushes and Pin Brushes. However, due to the type of coat a Cavoodle has, a Slicker Brush is considered best.
Slicker brushes are designed with fine, short wires that sit close together on a flat surface.
These brushes are meant for use on dogs with longer coats, particularly those with curls that are prone to matting.
Nevertheless, you need to be especially careful when you brush a Cavoodle, and even when using a slicker brush.
If too much pressure or force is applied, it can cause your dog discomfort and pain. Especially if mats have already started to develop.
For the face, a stainless steel comb can also be used – especially for use around the mouth.
Although a slicker brush can still be used on this area, so long as caution is exercised.
How Do You Brush A Cavoodle?
To brush a Cavoodle you will need to slowly and gently brush upward and toward your dog, focusing on each body area separately.
Starting with the legs, you will want to brush your dog through the hair, being careful not to brush too roughly through any knots or tangles.
If you do encounter a knot/tangle, then isolate it from the rest of the coat and brush through it until it naturally breaks loose.
Once you have finished both legs, move onto the tummy area, the back, and then onto the face.
Be careful on the face, but be sure to remove any potential food debris that has collected around the mouth.
Keeping your Cavoodle still will make the process much easier.
You can do this by making the environment comfortable, holding them carefully, and even reserving any brushing too late in the day when they are tired and following a full day.
At the same time, be sure to provide plenty of treats throughout.
Make sure the brushing experience is always positive! This will make a lot of difference in getting your dog into a comfortable position to brush.
And brush them often. As we will now take a closer look at:
How Often Should You Brush A Cavoodle?
It is recommended to brush a dog 2-3x per week, although if the coat is particularly long, daily may be preferable.
You can always inspect and monitor your dogs coat; the more mats, knot or tangles you find, the more you need to brush them.
You should find that with more regular brushing, the process takes less time.
The coat will look better, your dog will be more comfortable and your dog will likely smell a lot better too!
In fact, you should also find that the coat grows out more healthily and will be easier for the groomer when it is time for cutting!
The best thing you can do is to begin brushing your Cavoodle from the time that they are a young pup.
Doing this regularly, often, and making it a positive experience will make your dog much more enthusiastic for brushing.
It makes the whole process much easier, believe me!
Getting a good brush for your dog does not have to be difficult. But it certainly can be with all the various styles, options and brands on the market.
If you leave here with anything today, let it be this.
A slicker brush is the kind of brush you will need for your Cavoodle.
And when it comes to the best slicker brush; well I’ve found the best out there for you 👇
I am a practiced pet owner with decades of experience owning a number of different pets. I am also the main writer and chief editor here at Pet Educate; a site I created to share everything I’ve learned about pet ownership over the years and my extensive research along the way.