Part and parcel of Maltipoo ownership is regular brushing and grooming; they do not shed their coats, after all.
So, it’s important that you invest in a high-quality brush.
One that will enable you to keep your dogs coat in optimal condition – preventing any matting or tangles along the way.
Besides, getting the right brush will not only be more comfortable for your dog, but it will also make the entire process easier for you, too.
But with many brushes out there and available on the market, it can be difficult to find the right one.
There are so many types of dog brushes. Truth is, its just not that simple.
Appreciating the challenges, I spent some time researching the best brushes for this particular hybrid breed.
I’d like to share with you those here today.
The Best Brushes For Maltipoos
PetEd Slicker Brush
My recommended and standout pick is my very own PetEd Slicker Brush.
Self promotional, I know.
But I extensively researched the market, spoke with dozens of suppliers and tested countless brushes to land on this particular one.
Below is me physically brushing my dog with it…
It’s perfect for Maltipoo and/or any other poodle hybrid breed.
It’s designed with their coat in mind.
Not only is brushing a breeze, running through a coat safely without any tugging, but it also collects any loose hair while you go, and that you can easily deposit into a bin with the click of a button and a simple swipe.
It’s a great weight, comfortable to hold and durable too.
It’s what I use on my dog Bailey, and it’s I can personally attest to its effectiveness.
- Comfortable and effective grooming - reduces shedding, detangles, removes dirt & debris, keeps coat looking shiny and healthy
- Easy and versatile use – great size, shape and weight.
- Automatic cleaning - Simply retract bristles with the push of a button, then wipe away collected hair
- Smart Efficient Design - Fine, angled bristles, ergonomic comfort grip, and push-button retraction make it easy to keep your dog looking happy & healthy
- Ideal for poodle and hybrid dog coats and doodles; Cockapoos, Cavoodles, Maltipoos, Bernedoodles, Goldendoodles, Shih Poos etc.
PAKEWAY Slicker Grooming Brush
The PAKEWAY Slicker Grooming Brush is another great option, according to other customers on Amazon.
- 【HUMANIZED PET BRUSH】Use high-quality stainless steel to make bristles, soft needles, long-term use without deformation; reasonable needle spacing, deep clean each hair.
- 【PET CARE】The bristles head uses a soft rubber cap to avoid damage for pet skin; The design that prevents static electricity and protects pet hair.
- 【EASY TO CLEAN】After every grooming session for your pet, Simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, Making is SUPER SIMPLE to remove all the hair from the brush, So it’s ready for the next time use.
- 【EXCELLENT MATERIAL】High-quality stainless steel needles, which will not be deformed for a long time; environmentally-friendly handles, and rubber non-slip mats; Ergonomic structure design, combing pet’s hair is more labor-saving.
- 【AFTER-SALES SERVICE】Quality problems occur within 60 days and new products are exchanged, or 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Pet Portal Slicker Brush
My final recommendation, if you do opt against my own trialed and tested product, would be this one my Pet Portal.
- SELF CLEANING - Dread cleaning your dog hair brush? With our clever self-cleaning cat brush, simply push the button, wipe, and your favorite dog accessories are fur free!
- TIME SAVING - Whether you're a puppy parent, kitty carer, groomer, or vet, this shedding brush for pets removes excess hair with very little time and effort.
- VERSATILE - 5 inch and 3/4 inch deshedding brush are ideal for both long or short haired fur babies - our cat and dog grooming brush removes mats, tangles, dirt, and loose fur from your pet’s coat.
- GENTLE - Gentle on your pet’s skin and coat, this dog brush for short haired dogs and cats features soft, angled bristles for easy, effective, and painless de-shedding.
- COMFORTABLE - Your dogs and cats will love this pet grooming brush. Designed to be efficient yet enjoyable, this time-saving slicker brush will have your pooch or kitty thanking you!
How Often Should You Brush A Maltipoo?
The Maltipoo coat does best with daily brushing, multiple times throughout the day, if possible. Although 2-3x per week is recommended at the very least. This will prevent the coat matting, tangling, and help to remove any dirt debris that is able to collect in the coat.
At the same time, regular brushing will help to remove any dead and loose hairs; which will collect and start to smell in time.
Another benefit of regular brushing is that it helps to distribute natural oils from the skin throughout the coat. This helps to keep the coat healthy and promotes future hair growth too.
What Type Of Brush Is Best For Maltipoos?
Slicker brushes are considered the best type of brush for a Maltipoo, or any other hybrid Poodle breed. They are designed to work through thicker, coarser hairs and are therefore much more comfortable on the dog.
Pin and bristle brushes can also be used; although its important to be careful when using them.
For instance, you need to be careful with the amount of pressure you apply and ensure you get a pin and bristle brush with plastic and/or rounded pins.
These will both work to prevent irritation and damage to your dogs’ skin.
You may also want to consider investing in a stainless steel comb for use around the face.
How Do I Keep My Maltipoo From Matting?
The best way to keep a Maltipoo from matting is with regular brushing with the appropriate technique. A slicker brush is best for this particular job.
Additionally, spritzing the hair of a Maltipoo with a detangling spray (like this best-selling product from Amazon) will help the brushing process and reduce the effort required to brush through any existing mats or tangles.
Slicker brushes are the best type of brush for a Maltipoo; and any other Poodle hybrid for that matter.
And when it comes to the best slicker brush on the market. Well, you can’t really look past the PetEd…
Just look at those reviews by fellow dog owners on Amazon!
And here is how to use it to groom your Maltipoo.
I am a practiced pet owner with decades of experience owning a number of different pets. I am also the main writer and chief editor here at Pet Educate; a site I created to share everything I’ve learned about pet ownership over the years and my extensive research along the way.