Part and parcel of Maltipoo ownership is regular brushing and grooming; they do not shed their coats, after all.
So, it’s important that you invest in a high-quality brush.
One that will enable you to keep your dogs coat in optimal condition – preventing any matting or tangles along the way.
Besides, getting the right brush will not only be more comfortable for your dog, but it will also make the entire process easier for you, too.
But with many brushes out there and available on the market, it can be difficult to find the right one.
There are so many types of dog brushes. Truth is, its just not that simple.
Appreciating the challenges, I spent some time researching the best brushes for this particular hybrid breed.
I’d like to share with you those here today.
The Best Brushes For Maltipoos
- THE PERFECT BRUSH TO GET ALL NASTY MATS OUT OF YOUR PET’S FUR – Hertzko’s Slicker Brush gently removes loose Hair, and eliminates tangles, knots, dander and trapped dirt. This shedding brush works great on dogs and cats of all sizes and types of hair!
- GET RID OF TANGLES WITHOUT HURTING YOUR PET - The bristles are fine bent wires designed to penetrate deep into the coat and are able to groom the undercoat well without scratching your pet's skin! Great brush for dematting shedding dogs and pets with long and short hair! Pets love the way this brush feels, and are excited for each grooming session!
- EASY TO CLEAN – When you’re done brushing your pet, simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, making it super simple to remove all the hair from the brush, so it’s ready for the next time use.
- YOUR PET WILL NOT ONLY LOOK GOOD BUT FEEL GREAT TOO! – Our brush grooms and massages for a healthy coat, increasing circulation and leaves your pet’s coat soft and shiny. Your Pet will love being brushed !
- COMFORTABLE, STRONG, AND DURABLE- Our Slicker Brush is specially designed with a comfort-grip and anti-slip handle, which prevents hand and wrist strain no matter how long you brush and groom your pet! We back our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, for both you and your pet!
- 【HUMANIZED PET BRUSH】Use high-quality stainless steel to make bristles, soft needles, long-term use without deformation; reasonable needle spacing, deep clean each hair.
- 【PET CARE】The bristles head uses a soft rubber cap to avoid damage for pet skin; The design that prevents static electricity and protects pet hair.
- 【EASY TO CLEAN】After every grooming session for your pet, Simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, Making is SUPER SIMPLE to remove all the hair from the brush, So it’s ready for the next time use.
- 【EXCELLENT MATERIAL】High-quality stainless steel needles, which will not be deformed for a long time; environmentally-friendly handles, and rubber non-slip mats; Ergonomic structure design, combing pet’s hair is more labor-saving.
- 【AFTER-SALES SERVICE】Quality problems occur within 60 days and new products are exchanged, or 100% Money Back Guarantee.
- Brush head size: 3 3/4 inches (95 mm) wide - For SMALL to MEDIUM pet breeds - PERFECT for both your long haired or short haired cats/dogs/puppies - The pet slicker brush EFFECTIVELY remove mats, tangles, dirt, and loose fur from your pet’s coats with MINIMAL effort
- Your DOGS and CATS will LOVE this pet grooming tool. It is made with your pet’s comfort and enjoyment in mind for a FUN and ENJOYABLE pet grooming experience
- TAKES ONLY ABOUT 5 SECONDS TO CLEAN due to the slicker brushes CLEVER SELF CLEANING feature. Simply push the button, wipe, and the brush will be as good as new
- Provides EXCELLENT pet grooming results for DOGS and CATS. Gentle on your pet’s skin and coat it features soft and flexible bristles for EASY AND EFFECTIVE brushing. 2 Sizes available
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by pet owners, vets, and professional groomers
How Often Should You Brush A Maltipoo?
The Maltipoo coat does best with daily brushing, multiple times throughout the day, if possible. Although 2-3x per week is recommended at the very least. This will prevent the coat matting, tangling, and help to remove any dirt debris that is able to collect in the coat.
At the same time, regular brushing will help to remove any dead and loose hairs; which will collect and start to smell in time.
Another benefit of regular brushing is that it helps to distribute natural oils from the skin throughout the coat. This helps to keep the coat healthy and promotes future hair growth too.
What Type Of Brush Is Best For Maltipoos?
Slicker brushes are considered the best type of brush for a Maltipoo, or any other hybrid Poodle breed. They are designed to work through thicker, coarser hairs and are therefore much more comfortable on the dog.
Pin and bristle brushes can also be used; although its important to be careful when using them.
For instance, you need to be careful with the amount of pressure you apply and ensure you get a pin and bristle brush with plastic and/or rounded pins.
These will both work to prevent irritation and damage to your dogs’ skin.
You may also want to consider investing in a stainless steel comb for use around the face.
How Do I Keep My Maltipoo From Matting?
The best way to keep a Maltipoo from matting is with regular brushing with the appropriate technique. A slicker brush is best for this particular job.
Additionally, spritzing the hair of a Maltipoo with a detangling spray (like this best-selling product from Amazon) will help the brushing process and reduce the effort required to brush through any existing mats or tangles.
Slicker brushes are the best type of brush for a Maltipoo; and any other Poodle hybrid for that matter.
And when it comes to the best slicker brush on the market. Well, you can’t really look past the Hertzko…
Just look at those reviews by fellow dog owners on Amazon!
And here is how to use it to groom your Maltipoo.
I am a practiced pet owner with decades of experience owning a number of different pets. I am also the main writer and chief editor here at Pet Educate; a site I created to share everything I’ve learned about pet ownership over the years and my extensive research along the way.