Have you recently brough home a Sheepadoodle pup? Then grooming, specifically brushing them, is something you are going to have to get used to.
But of course, having the right tools on hand is essential.
Not just to keep on top of your dogs particular doodle style of coat, but that will also make your job easier, faster and more efficient.
So, without further ado, let us delve into my top three picks before delving deeper as to why they come out on top:
The Best Brushes For Sheepadoodles
PetEd Slicker Brush
My #1 pick and recommendation is the PetEd Slicker Brush.
This is the brush I personally sourced for my very own poodle-hybrid cross, my Cockapoo named Bailey.
Here is why.
I was looking for a brush specifically for doodle breeds.
I researched the market tirelessly, looking for the best brush for their style of coat.
From there, I contacted dozens of suppliers and went on to test countless brushes before I arrived on this particular model.
I was seeking a weighty (yet light enough) brush, that was easy to use, durable and didn’t cost too much.
One that could allow me to work through my dogs coat, removing any matts and tangles I found quickly and comfortably (for Bailey).
This was simply the best (and you can even see me using it below):
What I love about this brush is the hair collecting and depositing features.
It literally collects hair as you brush, and keeps it contained in the rectangular area.
From there, you simply click the button, the hair becomes loose, and then you just wipe it away into the bin.
Its effortless, and practical too.
Trust me, this is the brush you need.
- Comfortable and effective grooming - reduces shedding, detangles, removes dirt & debris, keeps coat looking shiny and healthy
- Easy and versatile use – great size, shape and weight.
- Automatic cleaning - Simply retract bristles with the push of a button, then wipe away collected hair
- Smart Efficient Design - Fine, angled bristles, ergonomic comfort grip, and push-button retraction make it easy to keep your dog looking happy & healthy
- Ideal for poodle and hybrid dog coats and doodles; Cockapoos, Cavoodles, Maltipoos, Bernedoodles, Goldendoodles, Shih Poos etc.
We Love Doodles Slicker Brush
This is another great brush that has a wealth of positive Amazon reviews.
The problem is; it’s over 3x the price of the brush I sourced.
You also need to clean it, manually.
So while it is good, I don’t find it as cost-effective or user friendly.
- ✅ ELIMINATE TANGLES, KNOTS & MATS - Our dog brush for long haired dogs makes quick work of messy fur to have your puppy feeling their best. Dog brush for Goldendoodle friends works best as a dog brush for matted hair & a dog brush for shedding.
- ✅ PROFESSIONAL QUALITY DOG GROOMING - A brush that stands above a traditional small slicker brush for dogs our slicker brush for Goldendoodles is designed to easily work through dense & long coats. The ergonomic handle on our slicker brush for small dogs gives you a pet cleaner slicker brush that is easy on your hand & wrist.
- ✅ DOODLE LOVING DESIGN - As a puppy brush for small dogs or a large dog brush for big dogs we designed our long bristle slicker brush for dogs so that every doodle loves it. Use as a poodle brush for grooming dog brush, Goldendoodle brush for curly hair dogs, Labradoodle brush, or any other dog brush for doodles in your life!
- ✅ LONGER & SOFTER PINS - Each of our long pin slicker brush for dogs has soft pins on your dog pin brush measuring close to 1 inch long each for deeper softer brushing. To protect your doodle we bent & angled (at approximately 45 degrees) each pin so it won’t scratch your dog’s skin as you brush them head to tail.
- ✅ We Love Doodles PROMISE - At We Love Doodles we stand by our products & offer a full refund warranty if you experience any issues. Contact us through the Amazon messaging system, and we will be happy to assist you. 100% happy doodle owners is what we strive for!
PAKEWAY Slicker Grooming Brush
Lastly, consider the circular shaped slicker brush by PAKEWAY.
Again it works very well, and this brush does have the cleaning functionality like the PETEd brush.
However, I find that the head is almost too small, so brushing does ultimately take a lot longer.
It was designed with cats in mind, to be fair:
- 【HUMANIZED PET BRUSH】Use high-quality stainless steel to make bristles, soft needles, long-term use without deformation; reasonable needle spacing, deep clean each hair.
- 【PET CARE】The bristles head uses a soft rubber cap to avoid damage for pet skin; The design that prevents static electricity and protects pet hair.
- 【EASY TO CLEAN】After every grooming session for your pet, Simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, Making is SUPER SIMPLE to remove all the hair from the brush, So it’s ready for the next time use.
- 【EXCELLENT MATERIAL】High-quality stainless steel needles, which will not be deformed for a long time; environmentally-friendly handles, and rubber non-slip mats; Ergonomic structure design, combing pet’s hair is more labor-saving.
- 【AFTER-SALES SERVICE】Quality problems occur within 60 days and new products are exchanged, or 100% Money Back Guarantee.
What Type Of Brush Is Best For Sheepadoodles?
Slicker brushes are considered to be the best option for Sheepadoodles.
This style of brush is designed to work through dense hair and hair that is non-shedding, for the most part.
The small collection of wires are great for removing excess hair and dander, safely and comfortably for doodle dogs.
They also can work through matts and tangles with relative ease.
How Do You Brush A Sheepadoodle?
To brush a Sheepadoodle you need to carefully and slowly brush upward and toward your dog, focusing on each body area at a time.
A good place to start is with the legs.
Brush through the hair, being sure to brush through any knots and matts you may find.
If you focus on these, you should find they naturally break and the hair will begin to lay straight.
After the legs, move on to the tummy area. Then the back. Finish off with the face.
Be careful and mindful of sensitive areas – especially on the underbelly and around the eye area.
It’s a good idea to set aside more time than you need to ensure you can work carefully and slowly.
It also helps to keep your Sheepadoodle relaxed as you work.
Keep them secure in a comfortable and upright position.
For me, brushing after a long walk works well – I find they are tired and not too fidgety at this point!
How Often Should You Brush A Sheepadoodle?
It is generally considered best to brush your Sheepadoodle little and often. Daily is preferable, though alternating every other day may also work.
A lot will depend on the length of your Sheepadoodles coat, and how matted it is to begin with.
Generally though, more frequent brushes, tends to work best.
In doing so, you should find that brushing takes less time and your dog is generally more comfortable.
Lastly, be sure to brush your Sheepadoodle from a young age, preferably as soon as you can after bringing them home.
This will help them get used to the sensation and experience, plus will ensure their coat will grow out properly – and they are less likely to need a full-body shave due to matting and knotting.
A practical, useful and versatile brush is essential for every Sheepadoodle owner.
But with an endless number of styles, brands and options on the market – it can be tricky to find one that best – especially for doodle breeds, in particular.
Needing my own brush, I decided to take on the challenge of doing the research and testing.
The result – I have sourced and secured a supplier and have made them available over on Amazon.
You might aswell benefit from the time, investment and effort that’s gone into finding my ideal brush.
Plus you can get it from as soon as tomorrow as it’s available on Prime:
Get your brush now 👇
I am a practiced pet owner with decades of experience owning a number of different pets. I am also the main writer and chief editor here at Pet Educate; a site I created to share everything I’ve learned about pet ownership over the years and my extensive research along the way.