If you have recently brought home a Westiepoo pup, you’ll undoubtedly have fallen in love with their soft and curly coat.
But to keep it in peak condition, you are going to need to groom them. And groom them fairly regularly.
That’s where a brush comes in.
Now of course, how easy and effective it is for you to do so, and how comfortable it will be for your dog, ultimately depends on the quality of the brush.
So, I’d like to present to you today the best options based on a lot of experience, researching and testing.
So without further ado, here are my top three picks:
Best Brushes For Westiepoo
PetEd Slicker Brush
My standout pick and #1 recommendation is the PetEd Slicker Brush.
This versatile, durable and cost-effective slicker brush is ideal for a Westiepoo.
Due to the nature of the pins, it glides effortlessly through a wavy or curly coat, removing tangles, matts and knots in the process (without tugging or causing pain or discomfort).
Plus, it is designed with intuitive self-cleaning functionality – saving you time, effort and hassle.
Once you’ve brushed your Westiepoo, their hair will collect (and be contained) on the face of the slicker brush.
From there, all you need to do is place the brush over a pin, press the central deposit button, and swipe the hair off.
No mess. No hassle.
- Comfortable and effective grooming - reduces shedding, detangles, removes dirt & debris, keeps coat looking shiny and healthy
- Easy and versatile use – great size, shape and weight.
- Automatic cleaning - Simply retract bristles with the push of a button, then wipe away collected hair
- Smart Efficient Design - Fine, angled bristles, ergonomic comfort grip, and push-button retraction make it easy to keep your dog looking happy & healthy
- Ideal for poodle and hybrid dog coats and doodles; Cockapoos, Cavoodles, Maltipoos, Bernedoodles, Goldendoodles, Shih Poos etc.
We Love Doodles Slicker Brush
Another option to consider is the We Love Doodles Slicker brush.
It’s more than three-times the price of the brush above, but it is effective on doodle breeds, like Westiepoos.
It doesn’t have that recommended self-cleaning functionality, but it is versatile and they typically last a long time according to fellow customers.
- ✅ ELIMINATE TANGLES, KNOTS & MATS - Our dog brush for long haired dogs makes quick work of messy fur to have your puppy feeling their best. Dog brush for Goldendoodle friends works best as a dog brush for matted hair & a dog brush for shedding.
- ✅ PROFESSIONAL QUALITY DOG GROOMING - A brush that stands above a traditional small slicker brush for dogs our slicker brush for Goldendoodles is designed to easily work through dense & long coats. The ergonomic handle on our slicker brush for small dogs gives you a pet cleaner slicker brush that is easy on your hand & wrist.
- ✅ DOODLE LOVING DESIGN - As a puppy brush for small dogs or a large dog brush for big dogs we designed our long bristle slicker brush for dogs so that every doodle loves it. Use as a poodle brush for grooming dog brush, Goldendoodle brush for curly hair dogs, Labradoodle brush, or any other dog brush for doodles in your life!
- ✅ LONGER & SOFTER PINS - Each of our long pin slicker brush for dogs has soft pins on your dog pin brush measuring close to 1 inch long each for deeper softer brushing. To protect your doodle we bent & angled (at approximately 45 degrees) each pin so it won’t scratch your dog’s skin as you brush them head to tail.
- ✅ We Love Doodles PROMISE - At We Love Doodles we stand by our products & offer a full refund warranty if you experience any issues. Contact us through the Amazon messaging system, and we will be happy to assist you. 100% happy doodle owners is what we strive for!
PAKEWAY Slicker Grooming Brush
Finally, you may want to consider the circular shaped slicker brush by PAKEWAY.
This brush is effective around the face of a Westiepoo, though does seem to take longer to do the rest of the coat (due to its smaller size).
- 【HUMANIZED PET BRUSH】Use high-quality stainless steel to make bristles, soft needles, long-term use without deformation; reasonable needle spacing, deep clean each hair.
- 【PET CARE】The bristles head uses a soft rubber cap to avoid damage for pet skin; The design that prevents static electricity and protects pet hair.
- 【EASY TO CLEAN】After every grooming session for your pet, Simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, Making is SUPER SIMPLE to remove all the hair from the brush, So it’s ready for the next time use.
- 【EXCELLENT MATERIAL】High-quality stainless steel needles, which will not be deformed for a long time; environmentally-friendly handles, and rubber non-slip mats; Ergonomic structure design, combing pet’s hair is more labor-saving.
- 【AFTER-SALES SERVICE】Quality problems occur within 60 days and new products are exchanged, or 100% Money Back Guarantee.
What Type Of Brush Is Best For Westiepoo?
Slicker brushes are considered to be the best type of brush for Westiepoos, and most other poodle-hybrid breeds.
This particular style has been designed to effectively brush through non-shedding coats and those that are prone to tangles and matts.
The central head has a purposefully arranged set of pins that collect excess hair and dander, albeit safely and comfortably.
How Do You Brush A Westiepoo?
Brushing a Westiepoo involves working through all areas of the body; starting with the legs before progressing to the body and face.
It is recommended to brush in an upward motion, away from where you are situated and in toward your dog.
Focusing on each body area at a time will ensure you do not miss any parts of the coat.
It is typically best to start with the legs.
Take your brush and gently, yet sufficiently firmly, brush through the hair.
If you encounter any knots and matts, work through them until they naturally release.
Remember to brush in the same direction at all times.
If you encounter some resistance, be sure to not pull away or release too quickly.
With the legs done, move to the tummy area – being careful of any exposed parts that does not have much, if any, hair.
Finish up with the face, and be careful around the eye area.
When To Brush Your Westiepoo
Some of the best times to brush your Westiepoo are at the end of the day, following or walk, or during a time of rest – when your Westiepoo is calm and willing to sit still.
It is generally considered good practice to leave sufficient time to ensure you can brush slowly and in a relaxed fashion.
Keep your Westiepoo close and calm, and keep them sitting near you at all times.
Personally, I like to brush my dog after a long walk, but others have been known to brush after their dogs have taken a nap.
How Often Should You Brush A Westiepoo?
It is good practice to brush your Westiepoo daily. Although 3-4x per week is sufficient for most.
A lot will depend on your Westiepoos coat.
Which will be impacted by factors such as their age, coat length, and how their coat has been kept up to this point.
That being said, it is always good to get into a habit of regular brushing.
Short, frequent brushes are ideal.
That should help ensure your Westiepoos coat does not matt, nor any tangles or knots develop or get worse.
Regular brushing will ensure it remains comfortable for your dog, and should prevent the need for any full-body shaving by your groomer.
I also recommend brushing your Westiepoo from the time you bring them home, and they are young.
This will help ensure their coat grows out optimally, and they get used to being groomed, how it feels, and being kept close.
All dog owners need a good brush.
If your a Westiepoo owner, then I would strongly advise that it be a Slicker.
This type and style of brush are quite simply ideal.
Not just for your dogs particular coat – but for you, as a groomer too.
They’re simple to use, and perhaps better still, effortless to clean if you opt for the one below👇
I am a practiced pet owner with decades of experience owning a number of different pets. I am also the main writer and chief editor here at Pet Educate; a site I created to share everything I’ve learned about pet ownership over the years and my extensive research along the way.