Cavapoos really are just a cute, cuddly teddy bear. When their coats are regularly groomed and kept in good condition that is!
Problem is, they require regular brushing. Otherwise, that curly coat can become all matted and tangled.
And that’s not good. For anyone.
With a coat that does not shed; brushing is not even disputable either.
It’s all just a part of Cavapoo ownership!
Besides, we want our dog to be comfortable. And we want them to smell nice too!
So, you know you need to brush.
But, when it comes to choosing a brush, that’s a different ballgame altogether.
You want a brush that is fit for purpose, will last, is easy to work with. Oh, and it promotes the health and longevity of your dog’s coat!
Getting a premium, high-quality brush is going to help make all the difference.
For both your Cavapoo, and for you – the brusher.
They’re not going to brush themselves are they.
At least not yet.
But where do you even begin? With several different types of brush and dozens of brands.
It can get confusing.
So I decided to pull together all of the best brushes currently available on the market.
This way, you can go ahead and get the right one, from the outset.
You can thank me later.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the brushes with the highest reviews and those most suitable for the Cavapoo breed:
The Best Brushes For Cavapoos
- #1 Cat & Dog Brush - Voted best overall for 2022 by Spruce Pets; trusted by millions of pet owners
- Effective - Reduces shedding, detangles, removes dirt & debris, keeps coat looking shiny and healthy
- Versatile - Great for cats & dogs of all fur types
- Easy to Clean - Simply retract bristles with the push of a button, then wipe away collected fur
- Smart Design - Fine, angled bristles, ergonomic comfort grip, and push-button retraction make it easy to keep your pet looking happy & healthy
- 【HUMANIZED PET BRUSH】Use high-quality stainless steel to make bristles, soft needles, long-term use without deformation; reasonable needle spacing, deep clean each hair.
- 【PET CARE】The bristles head uses a soft rubber cap to avoid damage for pet skin; The design that prevents static electricity and protects pet hair.
- 【EASY TO CLEAN】After every grooming session for your pet, Simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, Making is SUPER SIMPLE to remove all the hair from the brush, So it’s ready for the next time use.
- 【EXCELLENT MATERIAL】High-quality stainless steel needles, which will not be deformed for a long time; environmentally-friendly handles, and rubber non-slip mats; Ergonomic structure design, combing pet’s hair is more labor-saving.
- 【AFTER-SALES SERVICE】Quality problems occur within 60 days and new products are exchanged, or 100% Money Back Guarantee.
- SELF CLEANING - Dread cleaning your dog hair brush? With our clever self-cleaning cat brush, simply push the button, wipe, and your favorite dog accessories are fur free!
- TIME SAVING - Whether you're a puppy parent, kitty carer, groomer, or vet, this shedding brush for pets removes excess hair with very little time and effort.
- VERSATILE - 5 inch and 3/4 inch deshedding brush are ideal for both long or short haired fur babies - our cat and dog grooming brush removes mats, tangles, dirt, and loose fur from your pet’s coat.
- GENTLE - Gentle on your pet’s skin and coat, this dog brush for short haired dogs and cats features soft, angled bristles for easy, effective, and painless de-shedding.
- COMFORTABLE - Your dogs and cats will love this pet grooming brush. Designed to be efficient yet enjoyable, this time-saving slicker brush will have your pooch or kitty thanking you!
How Do You Brush A Cavapoo?
The best way to brush a Cavapoo is to focus on small areas of the coat at a time. Brush gently, being sure not to pull too hard on any matts or tangles that have developed.
You want to brush up and toward your Cavapoo, remaining gentle at all times to minimize any discomfort.
It’s a good idea to start on the legs, doing each leg one at a time, before moving onto the tummy area.
Be sure to separate the coat as you brush.
If you do encounter a matted part of the coat, be sure to gently tease the knot out.
You can then finish up on the face, but you’ll want to be particularly careful on this area.
You can hold just under their chin to keep them still.
Don’t forget the whiskers as this is where a lot of food can collect!
You’ll want to brush your Cavapoo when they are calm – so after a long walk is a good time to brush them.
Be sure to reward your dog when they are behaving during grooming, both during and after.
This will help your dog to recognize that this is a positive experience and will make the process easier next time around.
A matted Cavapoo is not going to enjoy brushing and the process becomes a negative experience overall.
So brush regularly (with the suggested schedule to follow in the next section) and do so from the time that they are young.
Read more: How To Groom A Cavapoo [Step By Step Guide]
How Often Should You Brush A Cavapoo?
It is recommended to brush a Cavapoo every 2-3 days. Although, you may need to brush as frequently as every day depending on the length of your Cavapoos coat.
To get an idea of whether you are brushing sufficiently, or often enough, you can always run your hands through your dogs coat. You should not feel any mats, knots or tangles.
If you do, then you will likely need to increase the regularity of your brushing.
And you are going to want to.
With regular brushing your Cavapoos coat will be in much better condition. You’ll be removing loose hairs, dirt, and any debris that collects on the coat.
By removing these, your Cavapoos coat will smell much more pleasant and will be able to grow more effectively.
A side-benefit of brushing is that you disseminate a dogs natural skin oils throughout the coat. This is known to help promote hair health and growth.
Remember, the more your brush and groom your Cavapoo the better.
They’ll start to understand that it is part of everyday life and be much less resistant to it altogether!
Choosing the right brush for your Cavapoo from the outset is going to save you a lot of time, effort and money.
Besides, your dog will thank you too.
At least metaphorically.
Slicker brushes are the best, recommended type of brush for a Cavapoo (and most other hybrid Poodle breeds).
And when it comes to the best brand of slicker brush; look no further than the PetEd…
You’ll soon see why, when you look at the huge collection of 5* reviews on Amazon ????
I am a practiced pet owner with decades of experience owning a number of different pets. I am also the main writer and chief editor here at Pet Educate; a site I created to share everything I’ve learned about pet ownership over the years and my extensive research along the way.