Cavapoos really are just a cute, cuddly teddy bear. When their coats are regularly groomed and kept in good condition that is!
Problem is, they require regular brushing. Otherwise, that curly coat can become all matted and tangled.
And that’s not good. For anyone.
With a coat that does not shed; brushing is not even disputable either.
It’s all just a part of Cavapoo ownership!
Besides, we want our dog to be comfortable. And we want them to smell nice too!
So, you know you need to brush.
But, when it comes to choosing a brush, that’s a different ballgame altogether.
You want a brush that is fit for purpose, will last, is easy to work with. Oh, and it promotes the health and longevity of your dog’s coat!
Getting a premium, high-quality brush is going to help make all the difference.
For both your Cavapoo, and for you – the brusher.
They’re not going to brush themselves are they.
At least not yet.
But where do you even begin? With several different types of brush and dozens of brands.
It can get confusing.
So I decided to pull together all of the best brushes currently available on the market.
This way, you can go ahead and get the right one, from the outset.
You can thank me later.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the brushes with the highest reviews and those most suitable for the Cavapoo breed:
The Best Brushes For Cavapoos
- ★ THE PERFECT BRUSH TO GET ALL NASTY MATS OUT OF YOUR PET’S FUR – Hertzko’s Slicker Brush gently removes Loose Hair, and eliminates Tangles, Knots, Dander and trapped Dirt. WORKS GREAT ON DOGS AND CATS WITH ALL SIZES AND HAIR TYPES!
- ★ GET RID OF MATS WITHOUT HURTING HER - The bristles are FINE bent wires designed to penetrate DEEP into the coat and is really able to groom the undercoat well without scratching your pet's skin!
- ★ EASY TO CLEAN – When you’re done brushing your pet, Simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, Making is SUPER SIMPLE to remove all the hair from the brush, So it’s ready for the next time use.
- ★ YOUR PET WILL NOT ONLY ‘LOOK’ GOOD BUT ‘FEEL' GREAT TOO! – Our brush Grooms and massages for a healthy coat, increasing blood circulation and leaves your pet’s coat soft and shiny. Your Pet will love being brushed !
- ★ COMFORTABLE, STRONG, AND DURABLE- Our Slicker Brush is especially designed with a COMFORT-GRIP and ANTI-SLIP HANDLE, which prevents hand and wrist strain no matter how long you brush your pet !
- 【HUMANIZED PET BRUSH】Use high-quality stainless steel to make bristles, soft needles, long-term use without deformation; reasonable needle spacing, deep clean each hair.
- 【PET CARE】The bristles head uses a soft rubber cap to avoid damage for pet skin; The design that prevents static electricity and protects pet hair.
- 【EASY TO CLEAN】After every grooming session for your pet, Simply click the button and the bristles retract back into the brush, Making is SUPER SIMPLE to remove all the hair from the brush, So it’s ready for the next time use.
- 【EXCELLENT MATERIAL】High-quality stainless steel needles, which will not be deformed for a long time; environmentally-friendly handles, and rubber non-slip mats; Ergonomic structure design, combing pet’s hair is more labor-saving.
- 【AFTER-SALES SERVICE】Quality problems occur within 60 days and new products are exchanged, or 100% Money Back Guarantee.
- Brush head size: 3 3/4 inches (95 mm) wide - For SMALL to MEDIUM pet breeds - PERFECT for both your long haired or short haired cats/dogs/puppies - The pet slicker brush EFFECTIVELY remove mats, tangles, dirt, and loose fur from your pet’s coats with MINIMAL effort
- Your DOGS and CATS will LOVE this pet grooming tool. It is made with your pet’s comfort and enjoyment in mind for a FUN and ENJOYABLE pet grooming experience
- TAKES ONLY ABOUT 5 SECONDS TO CLEAN due to the slicker brushes CLEVER SELF CLEANING feature. Simply push the button, wipe, and the brush will be as good as new
- Provides EXCELLENT pet grooming results for DOGS and CATS. Gentle on your pet’s skin and coat it features soft and flexible bristles for EASY AND EFFECTIVE brushing. 2 Sizes available
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by pet owners, vets, and professional groomers
How Do You Brush A Cavapoo?
The best way to brush a Cavapoo is to focus on small areas of the coat at a time. Brush gently, being sure not to pull too hard on any matts or tangles that have developed.
You want to brush up and toward your Cavapoo, remaining gentle at all times to minimize any discomfort.
It’s a good idea to start on the legs, doing each leg one at a time, before moving onto the tummy area.
Be sure to separate the coat as you brush.
If you do encounter a matted part of the coat, be sure to gently tease the knot out.
You can then finish up on the face, but you’ll want to be particularly careful on this area.
You can hold just under their chin to keep them still.
Don’t forget the whiskers as this is where a lot of food can collect!
You’ll want to brush your Cavapoo when they are calm – so after a long walk is a good time to brush them.
Be sure to reward your dog when they are behaving during grooming, both during and after.
This will help your dog to recognize that this is a positive experience and will make the process easier next time around.
A matted Cavapoo is not going to enjoy brushing and the process becomes a negative experience overall.
So brush regularly (with the suggested schedule to follow in the next section) and do so from the time that they are young.
How Often Should You Brush A Cavapoo?
It is recommended to brush a Cavapoo every 2-3 days. Although, you may need to brush as frequently as every day depending on the length of your Cavapoos coat.
To get an idea of whether you are brushing sufficiently, or often enough, you can always run your hands through your dogs coat. You should not feel any mats, knots or tangles.
If you do, then you will likely need to increase the regularity of your brushing.
And you are going to want to.
With regular brushing your Cavapoos coat will be in much better condition. You’ll be removing loose hairs, dirt, and any debris that collects on the coat.
By removing these, your Cavapoos coat will smell much more pleasant and will be able to grow more effectively.
A side-benefit of brushing is that you disseminate a dogs natural skin oils throughout the coat. This is known to help promote hair health and growth.
Remember, the more your brush and groom your Cavapoo the better.
They’ll start to understand that it is part of everyday life and be much less resistant to it altogether!
Choosing the right brush for your Cavapoo from the outset is going to save you a lot of time, effort and money.
Besides, your dog will thank you too.
At least metaphorically.
Slicker brushes are the best, recommended type of brush for a Cavapoo (and most other hybrid Poodle breeds).
And when it comes to the best brand of slicker brush; look no further than the Hertzko…
You’ll soon see why, when you look at the huge collection of 5* reviews on Amazon ????