Cavapoos really are just a cute, cuddly teddy bear. When their coats are regularly groomed and kept in good condition that is!
Problem is, they require regular brushing. Otherwise, that curly coat can become all matted and tangled.
And that’s not good. For anyone.
With a coat that does not shed; brushing is not even disputable either.
It’s all just a part of Cavapoo ownership!
Besides, we want our dog to be comfortable. And we want them to smell nice too!
So, you know you need to brush.
But, when it comes to choosing a brush, that’s a different ballgame altogether.
You want a brush that is fit for purpose, will last, is easy to work with. Oh, and it promotes the health and longevity of your dog’s coat!
Getting a premium, high-quality brush is going to help make all the difference.
For both your Cavapoo, and for you – the brusher.
They’re not going to brush themselves are they.
At least not yet.
But where do you even begin? With several different types of brush and dozens of brands.
It can get confusing.
So I decided to pull together all of the best brushes currently available on the market.
This way, you can go ahead and get the right one, from the outset.
You can thank me later.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the brushes with the highest reviews and those most suitable for the Cavapoo breed:
The Best Brushes For Cavapoos
- Safe, Gentle, and Stress-Free Grooming: Non-pulling and tug-resistant so you can brush your dog with confidence and ease, your dog can enjoy being brushed and fussed, you will never have to fight come brushing time, and you never feel guilty causing pain to your dog, or damaging their coat ever again. Finally build a trusting bond.
- Effective, Thorough, and Complete Coat Care: With fine angled bristles, so you can access and groom all parts of your dog's coat effortlessly to remove dirt, debris, and tangles to ensure it looks clean, shiny, and healthy, which means you can walk your dog with pride and never be embarrassed about their coat condition again.
- Hugely Time-Saving: With hair-containing features (so loose hair isn’t left flying or left around the room), a large surface head area and one-button automatic cleaning functionality, which means less time cleaning and more time for you to do what you enjoy most.
- Practical, Durable, and Dependable: With retracting pins, a sturdy yet lightweight design, and a built with premium materials, so you can comfortably hold, use, store, and take with you on the go. You will be free to brush your dog's coat regardless of where you are, and no damage is done when not in use, which means the brush is much more durable and will last you longer.
- Purposefully Designed For Dog & Owner: Created with curly coats in mind, you can be confident regardless of coat type/condition. Ideal for doodle and poodle hybrid dogs, including: Cockapoos, Cavoodles, Maltipoos, Bernedoodles, Goldendoodles, Shih Poos, etc.
- 💗【Cat Brush】Cat brushes for indoor cats are made of high quality stainless steel bristles, soft needles, long-term use without deformation; Needle comb 60 degrees slightly tilted for effective hair collection, massage to protect your cat's skin; can be used for all periods of short / long hair animals, enjoy the fun and relaxation for your beloved pet when combing hair.
- 🗲【Easy and Safe】Cat dog grooming brush head with soft rubber cap to care for pet skin, push plate press, not stuck hair, one key to easily remove hair; plastic material handle, one-handed comfortable operation, non-slip grip feeling, it is stronger, ergonomic structure design combing hair more effort; prevent static electricity design, take care of you and your pet's feelings.
- ➜【Convenient and Quick】Cat comb features self-cleaning function, after combing the hair for your pet, just press the button, the hair will shrink back into the brush, very simple to remove all the hair on the brush, effectively relieve easy knotting, hair, remove floating hair, fluffy open knots and other problems.
- 💦【Easy to Clean】Cat brush with release button is washable all over, easy and convenient, clean and hygienic. Clean and soft, warm and comfortable colors, can be easily integrated into different home environments, convenient storage.
- 🎁【Warm and Comfortable】Cat Grooming Brush comfortable massage, non-slip button, you can easily collect hair, you and your beloved pet are in need of a warm moment of hair combing, your warm and comfortable home also needs a clean and hygienic environment. We also provide you with professional pre-sales and after-sales services. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- SELF CLEANING - Dread cleaning your dog hair brush? With our clever self-cleaning cat brush, simply push the button, wipe, and your favorite dog accessories are fur free!
- TIME SAVING - Whether you're a puppy parent, kitty carer, groomer, or vet, this shedding brush for pets removes excess hair with very little time and effort.
- VERSATILE - 5 inch and 3/4 inch deshedding brush are ideal for both long or short haired fur babies - our cat and dog grooming brush removes mats, tangles, dirt, and loose fur from your pet’s coat.
- GENTLE - Gentle on your pet’s skin and coat, this dog brush for short haired dogs and cats features soft, angled bristles for easy, effective, and painless de-shedding.
- COMFORTABLE - Your dogs and cats will love this pet grooming brush. Designed to be efficient yet enjoyable, this time-saving slicker brush will have your pooch or kitty thanking you!
How Do You Brush A Cavapoo?
The best way to brush a Cavapoo is to focus on small areas of the coat at a time. Brush gently, being sure not to pull too hard on any matts or tangles that have developed.
You want to brush up and toward your Cavapoo, remaining gentle at all times to minimize any discomfort.
It’s a good idea to start on the legs, doing each leg one at a time, before moving onto the tummy area.
Be sure to separate the coat as you brush.
If you do encounter a matted part of the coat, be sure to gently tease the knot out.
You can then finish up on the face, but you’ll want to be particularly careful on this area.
You can hold just under their chin to keep them still.
Don’t forget the whiskers as this is where a lot of food can collect!
You’ll want to brush your Cavapoo when they are calm – so after a long walk is a good time to brush them.
Be sure to reward your dog when they are behaving during grooming, both during and after.
This will help your dog to recognize that this is a positive experience and will make the process easier next time around.
A matted Cavapoo is not going to enjoy brushing and the process becomes a negative experience overall.
So brush regularly (with the suggested schedule to follow in the next section) and do so from the time that they are young.
Read more: How To Groom A Cavapoo [Step By Step Guide]
How Often Should You Brush A Cavapoo?
It is recommended to brush a Cavapoo every 2-3 days. Although, you may need to brush as frequently as every day depending on the length of your Cavapoos coat.
To get an idea of whether you are brushing sufficiently, or often enough, you can always run your hands through your dogs coat. You should not feel any mats, knots or tangles.
If you do, then you will likely need to increase the regularity of your brushing.
And you are going to want to.
With regular brushing your Cavapoos coat will be in much better condition. You’ll be removing loose hairs, dirt, and any debris that collects on the coat.
By removing these, your Cavapoos coat will smell much more pleasant and will be able to grow more effectively.
A side-benefit of brushing is that you disseminate a dogs natural skin oils throughout the coat. This is known to help promote hair health and growth.
Remember, the more your brush and groom your Cavapoo the better.
They’ll start to understand that it is part of everyday life and be much less resistant to it altogether!
Choosing the right brush for your Cavapoo from the outset is going to save you a lot of time, effort and money.
Besides, your dog will thank you too.
At least metaphorically.
Slicker brushes are the best, recommended type of brush for a Cavapoo (and most other hybrid Poodle breeds).
And when it comes to the best brand of slicker brush; look no further than the PetEd…
You’ll soon see why, when you look at the huge collection of 5* reviews on Amazon ????
I am an experienced pet owner with decades of experience owning a number of different pets, from traditional pets like dogs and cats, to the more exotic like reptiles and rodents. I currently own a Cockapoo (pictured) called Bailey. I am also the main writer and chief editor here at Pet Educate; a site dedicated to sharing evidence-based insights and guidance, based on my vast pet ownership knowledge, experience, and extensive research.