Are you looking to buy some dog treats for your Doberman, but not sure which ones are best to get? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Having reviewed the market extensively, here are the recommended products that come out on top and couldn’t be more suitable for the Doberman breed.
I know that time is probably of the essence, so let’s instantly take a look at the top three before delving into the options more closely and why they are such great options:
- 1 Best Dog Treats For Dobermans
- 2 What To Consider When Buying Dog Treats For Your Doberman
- 3 How Many Treats Can A Doberman Eat?
- 4 When To Give Your Doberman Treats
- 5 Finally
Best Dog Treats For Dobermans
Getting the right kind of treats is essential for your Doberman. Besides, these need to be health-promoting and beneficial – not detrimental to their wellbeing.
Now, treats can serve several different purposes:
- You can use them to enhance your training and ensure better compliance through positive reinforcement training techniques,
- And you can also use treats to keep your dog occupied, clean their teeth and ease any stress or anxiety.
Let us now look at each product before looking at exactly why I personally like and recommend them:
Pawstruck Natural Dog Jerky Treats
These baked single-ingredient beef jerky strips are ideal for your Doberman.
What I Like About The Pawstruck Natural Dog Jerky Treats
- Even the pickiest eating dogs seem to enjoy these,
- Easy to eat and digest well,
- Value pack and generous individual stick sizes,
- Due to their texture, dogs cannot eat them too quickly, ensuring they keep them occupied for longer. Also great at naturally removing plaque from teeth.
- Natural & Healthy - These truly are the best beef treats for dogs and puppies. They are made from free-range, grass-fed cattle and No artificial ingredients and No chemicals. They are rawhide free, long-lasting, and packed with protein. A guilt-free snack bursting with flavor that your dog is sure to love. Our facilities are carefully inspected and approved to ensure clean, safe and healthy canine snacks.
- Helps Clean Dog Teeth - Dog dental care is important. These natural puppy and dog dental bully jerky help to remove harmful plaque and tartar leading to improvements in overall dental health. Let your dog gnaw on these odorless xl dental treats and watch his teeth sparkle. You'll see that these jumbo chews are truly bark worthy and have little to no smell with lots of flavor. Junior's tail will be wagging in no time!
- Promotes Joint & Hip Health - Not only will your dogs love the flavor and have fun chewing on these healthy treats, our jerky is packed with glucosamine and chondroitin to help improve and strengthen joints and hips. They’re a wonderful alternative to supplements that keep your canines in tip-top condition.
- Supreme Free-Range, Grass-Fed Ingredients & Sourcing - Our premium beef jerky for dogs and puppies are made in our South American facilities to ensure the healthiest and safest possible dog chews. Our processing plant adheres to the strictest of quality assurance standards. Additionally, our facilities are up to governing body and outside 3rd party USA standards leading to a superior product.
- No Stinky Residue or Mess - Unlike many jerkies and meaty treats, our jerky is low odor and low mess. Our strips are made from a single beef muscle and have no excess grease or smell. The smell that remains is an enticing beefy one that your dog will go crazy for.
Wag Chicken and Waffle Bites
These waffle bites are a popular choice with owners of dogs of all breeds. Here is why.
What I Like About The Wag Chicken and Waffle Bites
- Easy to chew and digest for your Doberman,
- High protein, low-fat content.
- As an Amazon brand, high availability and do not typically go out of stock.
- Proudly made in the USA, 100% of ingredients are sourced in the USA
- Farm-raised American Chicken is the #1 ingredient
- No added poultry by-products; no added corn, soy or wheat, no added artificial flavors
- Feed as a treat; training aid or reward for your dog. Feed as a whole piece or break into half or smaller size bite sized pieces
- Net wt.12 oz (340g) of chicken and waffle bites in a resealable bag to preserve freshness
Buckley Trainers All Natural Treats
Used as a training aid for many dog owners, these all-natural treats pack a lot of flavor without the calories to match.
What I Like About The Buckley Trainers All Natural Treats
- Various different flavors are available, including those a little different, so you can be sure to find one your Doberman enjoys or mix it up from time to time.
- Very low calorie so prevent weight gain even if many are consumed.
- Great for dogs with sensitive stomachs.
- Usa Made - Buckley Products Are Made Proudly In The United States Of America
- Perfect Training Treat - Buckley Semi-Moist Training Treats Are The Perfect Training Treat For Any Size Dog!
- Low Calorie - Only 4 Calories Per Treat!
- Grain And Gluten Free - Made Without Grains Or Gluten For Dogs With Sensitive Stomachs
- Healthy & All Natural - Made Without Artificial Preservatives Or Flavors
What To Consider When Buying Dog Treats For Your Doberman
When it comes to buying treats for your Doberman, there are some things you should consider to ensure you get the right ones.
These factors below have all been considered when researching and before making the recommendations displayed above.
But it’s important that you are aware of them – not only now but for future purchases too!
Let us now explore them.
First and foremost, you want to ensure you are getting a fair price. Be careful when it comes to packaging sizes – generally, larger packs work out more economically.
Some brands are naturally much more expensive than others.
Be sure to check packaging sizes and the quantity of each treat being provided.
Even though some brands look to be providing a lot of treats, they can be deceiving.
For instance, some products are known for having “half-empty” packets.
Texture and Flavor
Not all Dobermans, to dogs for that matter, will like all dog treats.
Sometimes it’s the flavor; at other times, it can be the texture.
You may need to try getting treats of different textures/flavors to find one that works for your Doberman.
Some treats can actually be problematic if they get stuck in your dog’s teeth or are too challenging to break down.
Ingredients and Nutritional Content
It’s fair to say that the best treats are all-natural and do not contain grains, corn, or meat by-products.
Otherwise, your Doberman can suffer from digestive upset, and treats can end up having an undesirable impact on their weight and health.
Be sure to avoid any treats with potentially harmful chemicals or other cheap fillers/additives too.
So instead, you want the treats for your Doberman to be protein-rich, low fat, and hopefully, low in carbohydrates and general energy.
How Many Treats Can A Doberman Eat?
How many treats a Doberman can safely eat will depend on the treat, age, health, and the rest of the diet. That being said, treats should be given sparingly and not over-relied upon.
The priority and staple of Dobermans diet should always be their dog food, which should be nutritionally balanced to each particular dog and their stage of life.
It should have the right combination of protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals in the most appropriate proportions for Dobermans.
From there, treats can be given occasionally, during the following times.
When To Give Your Doberman Treats
Dobermans should only be given treats away from mealtimes, when calm, and only to reward good behavior.
It’s essential that you do not feed your Doberman treats when they are animated, excited, or energetic; otherwise, they will only reinforce these behaviors.
So instead, wait until your Doberman has calmed down – is lying or sitting and is waiting patiently.
Just make sure you offer treats well away from mealtimes and if they are sufficiently hungry enough for it.
During training, particularly of commands, is another ideal time to offer treats. Again, be sure to only offer once they have completed a command successfully or during the training process – never just for the sake of it.
Dobermans love a treat.
That being said, it is essential that the treats they receive are of the highest quality that you can realistically afford and obtain.
Hopefully, the recommendations provided here today will give you some instant options to try and save you a lot of time and effort.
Besides, they’ve been heavily researched, and hand-picked having met strict criteria.
I am a practiced pet owner with decades of experience owning a number of different pets. I am also the main writer and chief editor here at Pet Educate; a site I created to share everything I’ve learned about pet ownership over the years and my extensive research along the way.