Ragdolls cats naturally possess quite a long coat. And long-haired cats are known for their shedding.
So you’re going to want to stick to a pretty regular brushing routine to stop their hair from collecting around your home.
Besides, its much more comfortable for your cat.
And, they’ll likely enjoy the attention too.
That being said, finding and choosing a brush is not all that easy.
There are several brush type options, dozens of brands, and an almost countless supply on the market.
So I decided to research the market extensively to whittle down to the top 3 contenders.
And don’t just take my word for it.
These are some of the highest-rated products in their category.
So without further ado, here they are.
Best Brushes For Ragdoll Cats
Cat Brush Details
Catit Senses 2.0 Self Groomer Cat Brush
- Cat self grooming wall brush that helps remove and collect loose cat hair
- This can be used as a cat self groomer wall corner; easy to mount on either a flat wall or corner surfaces, with strips (included) or screws (optional, not included)
- Easy to disassemble the cat brush and clean by handwashing
- Made of BPA-free materials
- Catit Senses 2.0 is a product line developed to activate your cat’s senses; the cat toys encourage your cat to use sight, smell, taste, touch and hearing to stimulate their natural instincts indoors
CeleMoon Cat Grooming Brush
- - NO SCRATCHING & ENJOYABLE - With premium silicone material, the CELEMOON cat grooming brush is ultra- soft, safe, comfortable and durable. It will never scratch your pet's skin and they will love how it feels and enjoy grooming!
- - EFFICIENT SHEDDING - Remove up to 90% of shedding hair from your cat within minutes. Simply comb gently over your cats coat, within seconds you will have a fistful of fur. And after 5 minutes you will be amazed at just how much loose hair has been removed.
- - WASHABLE & EASY CLEANING - Not like other brush, you could even rinse it thoroughly with water to remove all the hair from the brush simply when you're done brushing your cat. And then it will get ready for the next time use.
- - NONE-SLIP HAND GRIP - The hand grip would perfectly fit into your hands and fingers and avoids slipping when using. This compact cat brush is very comfortable to hold and use!
- - BUYERS GUIDELINES BEFORE BUYING - Adding some water on the surface of the brush could help attract more hair.
Hesiry Cat Brush
- ▲HESIRY SOFT PET BRUSH- A comb for pets’ extremely comfortable with LIGHT TRIMMING TOOL; available for bulks of fur babies. Brushing and tickling can occur simultaneously. However, pets with curly long hair and tangles need to be groomed gently. Remove loose undercoat up to 90% and let your home cleaner.
- ▲SELF-CLEANING BUTTON- Clean up LOOSE UNDERCOAT out of brush after one pass button. SUPER SIMPLE to remove all shedding hair from the brush.
- ▲PROTECTIVE NIBS WITH ROUND SKIN-FRIENDLY MASSAGE BEADS- Won't damage your pet's sensitive skin and hair roots. Great for dogs, cats, rabbits or any other cute fur animals with short, long, thick, thin or curly hairs.
- ▲GET RID OF NASTY HAIR & NO HARM- Hesiry cat & dog brushes work by entangling loose hair with tiny needles, rather than cutting hair by pulling it. The de-shedding brushes have stainless steel needles with a 60-degree bend and some elasticity, which will buffer the knotted hair during brushing and grooming. Won’t pull your pet's hair or cause damage, so your pet would feel comfortable and enjoyable when using them.
- ▲PROFESSIONAL HAIR GROOMING TOOLS- Care for your pets. Recommended by professional pet groomers & veterinarians to solve hair troubles for you and your hairy friends. Quality Guarantee,Your pets will definitely love this Great one!
Ragdoll Cat Coat
Ragdoll cats sport a long, silky, thick fur coat. The coat is what actually gives this breed a lot of its charm.
Its certainly plush, and there are many long guard hairs that typically develop around the neck area.
Ragdolls cats do not really have much of an undercoat, which is great in regards to matting. They are much less likely to experience tangles and knots in their coats compared to other breeds.
Nevertheless, the Ragdoll coat – which can come in a variety of different colors and patterns, still requires regular brushing to look and feel at its best.
Do Ragdoll Cats Need Brushing?
Ragdoll cats do need brushing, but not as much as other cat breeds. While the Ragdoll coat is much less prone to shedding and matting, brushing will help to remove loose hairs, dirt, and debris.
At the same time, these cats are known to be fond of the grooming experience. So long as they are being groomed carefully and appropriately.
So there are certainly both physical and mental benefits to this aspect of care.
How Often Should You Brush A Ragdoll Cat?
Ragdoll cats do best with brushing 1-2x per week. This will help to minimize coat matting and hair being deposited around your home.
Regular brushing will also help the existing hairs grow out more effectively, which will improve the general coat condition.
It should also improve the general smell of your cat, as any loose hairs that come together will begin to smell.
It comes strongly advised to begin brushing your Ragdoll from the time that they are a young kitten.
This will give them ample time and opportunity to trust in the process and become much more accustomed and confident while being groomed.
Older Ragdolls, or other cats that are not used to brushing, are much more likely to react negatively and may even display signs of aggression. Particularly if there are mats and knots that need to be brushed out.
How Do You Brush A Ragdoll?
The best way to brush a Ragdoll is little and often; and to focus on small areas of the coat at any one time. Be gentle, slow, and willing to readjust your approach as you go along.
If you are willing and able to take it slow, brushing will be a much more positive experience for both you and your cat.
Begin by brushing the tails before moving onto the back legs; do one at a time. Then proceed onto the body before finishing up on their head.
Be very gentle as you brush your Ragdoll; if you encounter any resistance from your cat then you may need to stop and try again later.
The key is to keep them calm; and offer them treats before, during and after to reward them along the way.
For the same reasons, look to brush your ragdoll in a calm, relaxing environment, such as when you are cuddled up on the sofa together.
Equally, if you encounter knots then you will need to work through them carefully. Pulling too hard or away from your cat during this time can be very painful to them!
At the same time, be very careful around the face and whiskers; but be sure to remove any excess food that may be collecting around these areas.
A toothbrush is known to work well for those difficult areas, and this should include around the ears (but do not brush inside!)
Brushing a Ragdoll is perhaps not as important as it is with other breeds due to their lower shedding coat.
But do not let this fool you.
These cats still need a good, regular brushing.
And it will benefit not only them, but you and your home too!
At the same time, getting the right brush from the very outset is going to help you both considerably.
And when it comes to what brush to get, you cannot really beat the Catit Senses brush.
The fact that it is so lightweight, versatile, easy to use and doubles up as a toy, really makes it a no brainer.
At least according to the thousands of positive 5* reviews on Amazon ????